Why Ecotile Flooring is Being Used in COVID Vaccination & Testing Centres
Over the past few weeks, Ecotile have been working closely with contractors across the UK to help supply and fit our PVC floor tiles in vaccine and test centres as part of the national response to COVID-19.
The light at the end of the tunnel is shining brighter, and the prospect of returning to a normal life is edging closer. Vaccinations mark the turning point in the pandemic, but creating hundreds of vaccine centres across the country is no easy feat.
Most of these temporary facilities need to be opened rapidly to meet an unquestionably urgent requirement, yet strict NHS site standards cannot be forgotten.
Ecotile Flooring has been specified as an ideal flooring solution for vaccine & test centres. The NHS’ Key Layout requirements state that test & vaccine site flooring must be non-porous, easily sanitised and clearly segregated with floor markings or tape. Our PVC interlocking floor tiles tick every requirement on the list.
Here’s how Ecotile can help contractors meet NHS test site standards:
- Non-porous and easy to clean.
- A temporary solution that doesn’t require adhesive and can be removed quickly.
- Can meet tough turnaround times and is installed very quickly.
The need for segregated reception rooms, walkways, post vaccination waiting rooms for allergic reaction monitoring and social distancing is clear.
- Tiles can be printed with markings and social distancing signage to remind patients to comply with social distancing rules.
- Test site centres must make use of a one-way flow. Ecotile can help achieve this by using clearly marked out, coloured walkways.
Buildings with the capacity for large scale vaccination options including sports, leisure centres, community centres, churches and schools all over the country are offering to help provide space for vaccination and test centres as part of the national response to Covid-19.
- Protect existing floors from the increase in foot traffic (easily lifted and recycled after use).
If you’re also part of the national response to the pandemic and are looking for flooring for a vaccination or test centre please contact our experienced customer service team.